Wednesday 15 October 2014

Young Children's Book of the Week - Noisy Poems


We love our books in this house so I thought I'd start a weekly post of our favourite's in case anyone is looking for any inspiration. They will generally be aimed at G's age group and I've had a bit of writers block with the title so it may change.

This week I've chosen Noisy Poems collected by Jill Bennet and illustrated by Nick Sharratt.





I remember having this read to me by the teacher in my reception class when I was little. I got a second hand copy off Amazon for G to have all these years later. I like to share books with her that I loved as a child.

These poems are full of alliteration and onomatopoeia's which are great fun for young children and great for developing language skills. I love On the Ning Nang Nong by Spike Milligan and Yickety Yak. Great poems full of funny words for little one's to get their mouth around so to speak.



No comments:

Post a Comment