- Quorn pieces
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- A handful of baby sweetcorns
- 1-2 Leeks
- 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- Sunflower oil
- Asda Satay Sauce
- Sharwoods medium noodles
- Remove Quorn pieces from the freezer a while before cooking
- Wash, peel and slice all vegetables
- Par boil carrots in a separate pan for a couple of minutes
- Gently warm some oil in a wok/large non stick pan
- Add the garlic and onion after gently cook
- After about 5 minutes, remove these into another dish and add in the carrots and sweetcorn to the wok with some more oil. I don't always do this, but if you have a smaller pan you need to to ensure the veg cook properly.
- After a couple of minutes add in the leek and pepper.
- If using dried noodles rather than fresh egg noodles, stick these in a pan to cook now. Sharwoods take about 4 minutes.
- When veg are ready (tender but not overly so) add back in the garlic, onion and quorn and add in your sauce.
- Cook/stir for few minutes.
- Drain noodles and toss with some soy sauce
I tried Asda's own Satay sauce this time to keep on a budget. It was very mild which is good for my 3 year old but it could have done with just a bit more flavour!
I'll be experimenting by incorporating some Quorn chicken pieces and Quorn bacon into a risotto this evening so I'll see how that goes! I'll also be putting up a recipe for Amoy sweet soy sticky glaze Quorn fillets and veg on the blog very soon!
Have you ever tried any Quorn products? What did you think?