Thursday 11 September 2014

Quorn pieces 5 veg Stif-fry with Satay Sauce







I made this last night and whilst I think most people know how to make a stir fry I'm putting up a recipe just in case you have never made one before and would like to give it a go!

Ingredients:
  • Quorn pieces
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • A handful of baby sweetcorns
  • 1-2 Leeks
  • 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
  • 2 medium carrots
  • Sunflower oil
  • Asda Satay Sauce
  • Sharwoods medium noodles

Method:
  • Remove Quorn pieces from the freezer a while before cooking
  • Wash, peel and slice all vegetables
  • Par boil carrots in a separate pan for a couple of minutes
  • Gently warm some oil in a wok/large non stick pan 
  • Add the garlic and onion after gently cook
  • After about 5 minutes, remove these into another dish and add in the carrots and sweetcorn to the wok with some more oil. I don't always do this, but if you have a smaller pan you need to to ensure the veg cook properly.
  •  After a couple of minutes add in the leek and pepper.
  • If using dried noodles rather than fresh egg noodles, stick these in a pan to cook now. Sharwoods take about 4 minutes.
  • When veg are ready (tender but not overly so) add back in the garlic, onion and quorn and add in your sauce.
  • Cook/stir for few minutes.
  • Drain noodles and toss with some soy sauce
  • Serve 


I usually use Quorn pieces or Tofu when making a stir fry. Out of the all frozen meat free chicken piece's I find Quorn's to be the best, but just to reassure anyone I'm not biased as I actually don't like their sausages or mince.
I tried Asda's own Satay sauce this time to keep on a budget. It was very mild which is good for my 3 year old but it could have done with just a bit more flavour!





I'll be experimenting by incorporating some Quorn chicken pieces and Quorn bacon into a risotto this evening so I'll see how that goes! I'll also be putting up a recipe for Amoy sweet soy sticky glaze Quorn fillets and veg on the blog very soon!




Have you ever tried any Quorn products? What did you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment