Wednesday 10 September 2014

Apple and Cherry Flapjack




So we did quite a bit of baking over the summer holidays. Flapjack is a fun, cheap and easy one to do and a tasty snack.

Recipe:

  • 2 sweet Eating Apples of any variety
  • 250g Margerine or butter
  • 250g light brown or caster sugar
  • 3tbs Golden syrup
  • 450g Oats
  • Couple of handfuls of chopped Cherries

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 160oc
  • Grease and line a baking tray
  • Peel, core and chop apples
  • Melt the butter/margerine, sugar and syrup in a pan until melted.
  • Take off the heat and mix in the oats, apple and cherries.
  • Fill tray with mixture and bake for 20 - 35 minutes.
  • Cut in to bars and refridgerate




I thought the chopped apple was lovely in this flapjack, rather than grated but I actually found the flapjack itself way too sweet. If done again I would use half the sugar or I fancy trying out this recipe without the apricots and seeds (I can't eat seeds and just not a fan of the apricots). Also I'd love to find some cherries to bake with that aren't glace as that was unneeded added sugar to the recipe as well. 





No comments:

Post a Comment