So we did quite a bit of baking over the summer holidays. Flapjack is a fun, cheap and easy one to do and a tasty snack.
- 2 sweet Eating Apples of any variety
- 250g Margerine or butter
- 250g light brown or caster sugar
- 3tbs Golden syrup
- 450g Oats
- Couple of handfuls of chopped Cherries
- Preheat oven to 160oc
- Grease and line a baking tray
- Peel, core and chop apples
- Melt the butter/margerine, sugar and syrup in a pan until melted.
- Take off the heat and mix in the oats, apple and cherries.
- Fill tray with mixture and bake for 20 - 35 minutes.
- Cut in to bars and refridgerate
I thought the chopped apple was lovely in this flapjack, rather than grated but I actually found the flapjack itself way too sweet. If done again I would use half the sugar or I fancy trying out this recipe without the apricots and seeds (I can't eat seeds and just not a fan of the apricots). Also I'd love to find some cherries to bake with that aren't glace as that was unneeded added sugar to the recipe as well.